If you feel like pasta and you don’t have much time and ideas, then this super easy Low FODMAP tomato pasta sauce is for you!
It is super quick and easy to make. Basically it takes the same time to make as for pasta to cook. It is a basic Low FODMAP tomato pasta sauce, which can be adjusted, but of course you need to remember to stay Low FODMAP.
- Time: less then 10 minutes
- Ingredients: 5 sauce ingredients + pasta
This recipe has been approved by a Low FODMAP dietitian, Evelyn Toner. Find interesting articles about Nutrition, IBS and FODMAP on her blog.
Ingredients for 1 portion of a Low FODMAP tomato pasta sauce:
40 g leek, green leaves only
10 black olives (50 g)
200 g fresh tomatoes
1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
Few leaves of fresh basil
Instructions for a Low FODMAP tomato pasta sauce:
1. To make a garlic infused oil:
2. Preheat a non stick pan on a medium heat.
3. Place 1 tbsp. of olive oil in the pan, together with a clove of garlic.
4. Fry until the garlic clove becomes golden.
5. Remove the garlic. Set the pan aside.
6. To prepare the sauce:
7. Boil the kettle. Place the tomatoes in a large pot or heatproof bowl and pour hot water over them. Keep them in the hot water for 30 – 60 seconds, then remove tomatoes from water with a slotted spoon. Place them in a cold water.
8. Gently remove the skin from the tomatoes. Dice the tomatoes.
9. Finely chop washed leek greens. Heat up the oil again. Place the leeks in the pan and keep cooking until they soften.
10. Add the tomatoes in the pan. Keep cooking until tomatoes start breaking apart. Then add olives.
11. Continue cooking for a few minutes. Add few fresh basil leaves and serve with a Low FODMAP, gluten free pasta.
Nutritional Facts for a Low FODMAP tomato pasta sauce (1 portion):
13.5 g Carbs
2.7 g Protein
21 g Fat
For more delicious Low FODMAP diet recipes for lunch, click here: https://fitfodmapfoodie.co.uk/category/lunch-ideas