Here is another Low FODMAP healthy snack idea for those who desire to eat better in between main meals. It contains fruit, vegetables, seeds as well as cottage cheese for protein.
The idea is that whether you work from home or you go out for work, you can prepare it ahead and reach for it when you need it. Hopefully, when you feel peckish, you won’t eat any ‘rubbish’ foods but have this healthy snack, that is also Low FODMAP.
This recipe has been approved by a Low FODMAP dietitian, Evelyn Toner. Find interesting articles about Nutrition, IBS and FODMAP on her blog.
Ingredients for one box of a Low FODMAP healthy snack with fruit, veg and seeds:
1/2 medium orange
6 g sunflower seeds
50 g cucumber
5 cherry tomatoes
few basil leaves
40 g of cottage cheese
1 leaf of small romaine lettuce
Instructions to prepare one box of a Low FODMAP healthy snack with fruit, veg and seeds:
- Wash fruit and vegetables. Chop them in a way that you like.
- Place the romaine lettuce leaf first in the box. It will act as a bowl for the cottage cheese and sunflower seeds.
- Place measured cottage cheese in a romaine lettuce leaf. Remember that normal cottage cheese contains lactose and therefore its intake is limited. Unless you find a lactose cottage cheese, this one is fine.
- Sprinkle the cottage cheese with the sunflower seeds.
- Place the rest of fruit and vegetables in the box in layers.
for one box of a Low FODMAP healthy snack with fruit, veg and seeds:
14.9 g Carbs
7.9 g Protein
4.8 g Fat
To find a variety of Low FODMAP recipe snack ideas, please go here: https://fitfodmapfoodie.co.uk/category/snack-ideas