This time I decided to share a whole meal, including fish, carbohydrates and vegetables in this Low FODMAP salmon in a creamy spinach blanket. It is quite easy to put together, but you will make a few pots and pans dirty, as it is not a one pot wonder.
Ingredients for 1 serving of a Low FODMAP salmon in a creamy spinach:
90 g salmon fillet
1/2 cup cooked millet
1 regular carrot (61 g)
47 g broccoli – (this is limited, allowed portion)
30 g sour cream
1/2 cup spinach, chopped, cooked
1 tsp. sunflower oil
3 cloves of garlic – for infusing the oil, but to be thrown away.
Instructions for 1 serving of a Low FODMAP salmon in a creamy spinach:
- Cook the millet, according to the packaging instructions. It usually takes around 10 minutes.
- Apart from salt, I also added to water some dried vegetables flakes (garlic and onion free).
- Boil the chopped carrot and 47 g of broccoli together, in 1 pot, until cooked but still crunchy.
4. Prepare the infused oil for shallow frying of the salmon and cooking spinach:
5. Heat a pan in a medium heat, add oil, peel the garlic cloves, throw them in and fry until they start browning, then dispose off or in my case, give ‘crunchy chips’ to your beloved daughter :).
6. Keep little bit of oil in a pan, the rest goes in a pot to heat up. Then fresh spinach goes in to wilt down. When spinach has cooked a bit, add all of the sour cream, followed by salt and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes more and turn off the heat.
7. The last to cook, to be fresh and not overcooked, is the salmon. First, season the fillet on both sides with salt and pepper. Then put in in a heated pan with infused oil, skin side down first. When it starts changing colour well, probably after 2 minutes, turn it over, cook for 1-2 more minutes and serve. For me, I like when salmon is still a little softer in the middle, I dislike it overcooked.
For other low FODMAP recipes for dinners, please look here: Low FODMAP dinner ideas
For Polish version of this recipe, go here: http://przepisylowfodmap.eu/low-fodmap-losos-ze-szpinakiem-i-warzywami