I wouldn’t advice buying ready made cottage cheese with herbs or pineapple, since thy have more additives.
I make my own cottage cheese with vegetables, in this way I can add whatever I want. And it is more healthy! It is very quick and easy to prepare as well. You just need to chop the vegetables, mix them in with the lactose free cottage cheese and it is ready!
Cottage cheese is very versatile. You can use it to make many different recipes:
- cottage cheese with a variations of fresh, crunchy vegetables.
- sweet cottage cheese with a fresh pineapple, or banana or berries, such asn strawberries, blueberries, sweetened with a maple syrup.
- thin pancakes with a sweet cottage cheese filling.
- add cottage cheese to a salad, to be a part of a light dressing.
This recipe has been approved by a Low FODMAP dietitian, Evelyn Toner. Find interesting articles about Nutrition, IBS and FODMAP on her blog.
Ingredients to make 1 portion of a Cottage Cheese with Vegetables:
6 cherry tomatoes
200 g lactose free cottage cheese
15 g spring onion, green part only
1 tbsp. of fresh parsley
salt, pepper to taste
Instructions to make Cottage Cheese with Vegetables:
Chop small all of the vegetables, mix in with cottage cheese, add salt and pepper to taste.
You can adjust and add more vegetable that you like, but of course, nutritional value will change.
You can also add to this recipe:
– fresh cucumber
– fresh pepper, any colour
– any other herbs, like basil, fresh thyme, oregano, list is endless.
You can eat it on its own, like a salad, for breakfast, or with sourdough spelt toast, gluten free toast or even, rice cakes, that are naturally gluten free.
Amount of protein in this 1 portion covers 44 % of protein needs for the day! Amazing!
For other low FODMAP recipes for breakfast, go here:https://fitfodmapfoodie.co.uk/category/breakfast-ideas