Diet Cola Chicken (Low FODMAP)
Diet Cola Chicken (Low FODMAP) is a recipe adapted from the Slimming World website. I adapted the quantities of certain vegetables and swapped other ones. Most of the ingredients you probably have at home, so you can prepare this Diet Cola Chicken dish at any time!
a deep non stick pan
a wooden spoon
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken thighs cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 red or green and 1 yellow pepper
- 50 g green part of the leek
- 330 ml can diet cola
- 200 ml hot chicken stock low FODMAP
- 8 tbsp passata
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 16 pods of sugar snap peas - Monash app allows 4 pods per portion but UK advice is to avoid them.
Preheat a deep non stick pan on a medium heat. Spray it with oil spray. Add the pre chopped chicken, chopped peppers and finely chopped leek. Fry it for 5-7 minutes, until the chicken will brown slightly.
Add to the pan: cola, chicken stock, passata and a tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and herbs and mix well. Bring it to boil, lower the temperature, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes.
If you want to use it, add now the sugar snap peas. Cook for another 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are soft. In this time the sauce will thicken.
Serve it with a favourite rice, for example basmati or brown rice.